I think these numbers help put in perspective the fact that people are embracing the mobile computing experience. Our phones are no longer devices used exclusively for communication; in addition to socializing on Facebook and Twitter we look for coupons, check the weather, listen to music, watch TV and, of course, play games on our smartphones. However, with mobile apps seemingly available for everything, let’s not forget about the Mobile Web.
Here at AAPG we’re making attempts to “mobile”-ize our online resources so our members could access them on the go. In addition to our mobile website, which is seeing constant usage, we’re deploying the Stay Connected information page. Plus, the upcoming Houston ACE 2011 experience will be richer for mobile users.
So bring your smartphone!
Last 5 posts by Bogdan Michka
- Students like Student video - May 2nd, 2012
- 3,000 Twitter followers and counting! - December 8th, 2011
- 2011 AAPG/SEPM Student Reception videos are now online - June 15th, 2011
- Master and Commander ... of YouTube - May 4th, 2011
- 2011 ACE was mobile! - April 21st, 2011