AAPG Blog Zone
The latest news and views from around the world,
with a focus on the topics that matter most to AAPG members.
- Events Blog
- This is your source for learning about the opportunities, trends and people shaping AAPG's conferences and conventions. From ACE to ICE, APPEX to Geo, Conventions Marketing Manager Julie Simmons brings you the latest events news. You'll also hear from event committee members serving as guest bloggers.
- GEO-DC Blog
- Dedicated to where the energy geosciences, public policy, politics, and business meet—both in the United States and abroad.
- Learning is important—now more than ever. How do you equip yourself for changing times? How do you deepen and broaden your knowledge? Here is an informal place to find out what we’re doing, what we’re planning, and how we’re listening to you. Dr. Susan Nash, AAPG’s Director of Education and Professional Development, shares the new territory she’s introducting to AAPG with courses and dynamic new workshops. She is also planning more interactive, Web 2.0 offerings. So, give her your input about the best and worst of the wild and woolly world of webinars, Web-based training, and open courseware.
- wwwUpdate Blog
- News, updates, and commentary from all corners of AAPG’s Web world. Web Editor Janet Brister and Web Producer Bogdan Michka keep you up to date on what’s new and exciting around aapg.org and its subsites, with input from AAPG HQ staff including Datapages, GIS-UDRIL, Information Technology and more.
- Student Outlook Blog
- News and discussion geared toward AAPG’s Student Chapters and their members, maintained by Mike Mlynek, AAPG Student Affairs Coordinator, and Brian McBroom, Member Services Student Assistant.