Geologists, geophysicists, engineers and anyone interested in exploring in the Mississippian Limestone Play area will benefit from AAPG’s one-day course on Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System (June 12 / Fort Worth). Participants in this course will learn about the structure, tectonics and stratigraphy of the Mississippian system. Through the use of exercises and case studies, they will learn how log interpretation plays a part in the exploration and development of this important play.
This 1-day course will include an introduction to many of the facets of the Mississippian Play, including stratigraphy, tectonics, depositional setting, drilling statistics, plays and subplays and analogs to other plays. Shelf-to-basin lithofacies will also be discussed. There will be several exercises and problem sets relating to log interpretation of the Mississippian oil and gas reservoirs, encompassing many of the different log types such as microresistivity, spectral gamma ray, NMR and core log calibration and electrofacies.
In the afternoon, several different case studies from the Kansas shelf will be shown, including Bindley, Schaben and Dickman Field; Welch-Bornholdt-Wherry Fields; Glick & Spivey-Grabs Basil Fields; and Wellington Field in the Sedgwick Basin.
The instructor is Lynn Watney, Kansas Geological Survey.
For more information, http://www.aapg.org/education/sec/details.cfm?ID=268
Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System
- INSTRUCTOR :
- W. Lynn Watney, Kansas Geological Survey, Lawrence, KS
- June 12, 2013
- Norris Conference Center, Fort Worth, TX
- Member: $500.00(if purchased individually)
Registration for the entire week is $1,795 for members, $2,095 nonmembers. Goes up to $1995/$2295, and/or individual course prices increase by $50/course day after 5/13/2013.
No refunds for cancellations after 5/13/2013.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014
- Play Concepts and Controls on Porosity in Carbonate Reservoir Analogs - April 7th, 2014
- A Journey Through the Geological Story of the Colorado Plateau - April 4th, 2014