Staying in the industry is difficult during downturns when recent graduates are unable to find work in their professions. Clearly, a key to employment is getting as much training as possible. How can one do that, though? AAPG Education is here to help.
AAPG Education will offer Young Professionals Scholarships to the Fall Education Conference held Sept 21 – 25, 2009, in Houston. The scholarships are available for recent graduates (within 3 years) who are actively seeking work with an energy-related organization. The AAPG member price for the conference is $400 per day. However, scholarship recipients will pay only $50 per day, which includes buffet lunch and access to the instructional materials. They will also be eligible for CEU credit. To apply, please provide the following information to email@example.com:
1. Name / address / date of graduation / major / university
2. What part of the energy industry interests you most? Why?
3. How do you plan to use your education and your knowledge in the future?
This is a great opportunity for individuals who are just getting started, and who may feel a bit discouraged at this point. Please share the good news with friends and fellow recent graduates. AAPG Education supports Young Professionals!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Faults, Fractures and Tectonics of the Northern Appalachian Basin: Field Seminar - April 24th, 2014
- Need Funding? Here’s Your Chance: AAPG Research Launcher - April 22nd, 2014
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014