Staying in the industry is difficult during downturns when recent graduates are unable to find work in their professions. Clearly, a key to employment is getting as much training as possible. How can one do that, though? AAPG Education is here to help.
AAPG Education will offer Young Professionals Scholarships to the Fall Education Conference held Sept 21 – 25, 2009, in Houston. The scholarships are available for recent graduates (within 3 years) who are actively seeking work with an energy-related organization. The AAPG member price for the conference is $400 per day. However, scholarship recipients will pay only $50 per day, which includes buffet lunch and access to the instructional materials. They will also be eligible for CEU credit. To apply, please provide the following information to email@example.com:
1. Name / address / date of graduation / major / university
2. What part of the energy industry interests you most? Why?
3. How do you plan to use your education and your knowledge in the future?
This is a great opportunity for individuals who are just getting started, and who may feel a bit discouraged at this point. Please share the good news with friends and fellow recent graduates. AAPG Education supports Young Professionals!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014
- Lacustrine Basin Exploration - June 13th, 2014