We are just a few months out from the 2014 AAPG Summer Education Conference (SEC). This years SEC will be bringing together new technologies, techniques, and lessons learned to offer five great days of geoscience training to enhance and advance your career. The 2014 SEC will be taking place June 16-20, in Aurora, Colorado at the Summit Conference Center. For more information: 2014 Summer Education Conference
Whether you are a geologist, geophysicist, engineer, technician, or geoscientist, the four concurrent sessions make it easy to mix and match courses according to your specific interests and training needs.
Be sure to register before early bird prices increase, May 18th.
– Applied Petroleum Systems for Reservoir Modeling: Finding the Sweet Spots in Unconventional Reservoirs, Daniel Carruthers and Jeffrey M. Yarus – Landmark Graphics Corporation
– Applied Seismic Geomorphology and Seismic Stratigraphy – Extracting Geologic Insights from 2D and 3D Seismic Data, Henry W. Posamentier – Chevron Energy Technology
– Basic Seismic Interpretation, Donald Herron – Independent Geophysical Consultant and Robert C. Wegner – Rice University
– Basic Tools for Mudrock Exploration, Lindell Bridges – EQT Production
– Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System, Lynn Watney – Kansas Geological Survey
– Fundamentals of Siliciclastic Sequence Stratigraphy, John M. Holbrook – Texas Christian University
– Getting Started in Fluvial Stratigraphy, John M. Holbrook – Texas Christian University
– Reservoir Engineering for Petroleum Geologists, Richard Green – Independent Consultant
– Risk and Uncertainty for Contemporary Prospect Evaluations, Darrel Norman – Geoknowledge
– Risk Reduction for Plays and Prospects, John Dolson – DSP Geosciences and Associates
– RQ Toolkit: Using Rock Data for Reservoir Quality Assessment, Joann E. Welton -
– Subsurface Contouring: The Secrets to Optimizing Your Maps for Oil & Gas Exploration, Richard Banks – Scientific Computer Applications Inc.
– The Petroleum System: An Investigative Method to Explore for Conventional and Unconventional Hydrocarbons, Leslie B. Magoon – Stanford University
– For registration and individual presentation details please visit: HERE! –
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014