Hear industry professionals from Staatsolie speak on production opportunities within the Suriname Basin. Stattsolie, a leader of sustainable energy development in Suriname and the sole operator of the basin, will have representatives discuss these evolving exploration opportunities and what potential for commercial onshore and offshore production holds for the future. This presentation will take place on Monday March 10, 2014 in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. For more information on this event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW
- Event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration Geoscience Technology Workshop (GTW)
- Presentation: Cretaceous Deep-Water Sediment Opportunities in the Suriname Basin
- Session: 1 (Cretaceous Exploration in the Caribbean)
- Presenter(s): Stattsolie
- Date: March 10, 2014 (Monday)
- Location: Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
To advance understanding and promote knowledge sharing, the AAPG Latin America Region and the Geological Society of Trinidad & Tobago will co-host GTW T&T 2014.
The Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW will share the worldwide attention that is attracted to Latin America and the Caribbean as exploration of Cretaceous targets continues into frontier areas, especially within the deep water Caribbean/Atlantic margin. Challenges lie not only in identifying targets but also in establishing ways to commercialize them. Current understandings of the environmental impact, depth to target formations, technological considerations and production methods, will benefit from focused discussions by regional experts utilizing case studies to highlight the most recent developments in these fields.
For registration and full event details please visit: HERE!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014