A Brief Tectonostratigraphic Account of the Guyana Basin, Offshore Guyana – In Search of the Fabled Canje-Saramacca Cretaceous Petroleum System.
Explore and learn what potential the Guyana Basin holds within. Rick Roberson, a Geologist with PGS Multi-Client NSA, will be presenting this highly anticipated discussion of this petroleum system. He will share knowledge and experience that will that will beneficial to understanding the correlations of rock formations in the Guyana Basin. This presentation will take place on Monday March 10, 2014 in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. For more information on this event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration Geoscience Technology Workshop – GTW
- Event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration Geoscience Technology Workshop (GTW)
- Presentation: A Brief Tectonostratigraphic Account of the Guyana Basin, Offshore Guyana – In Search of the Fabled Canje-Saramacca Cretaceous Petroleum System.
- Session: 1 (Cretaceous Exploration in the Caribbean)
- Presenter(s): Rick Roberson – Senior Geologist, PGS Multi-Client NSA
- Date: March 10, 2014 (Monday)
- Location: Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
To advance understanding and promote knowledge sharing, the AAPG Latin America Region and the Geological Society of Trinidad & Tobago will co-host GTW T&T 2014.
The Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW will share the worldwide attention that is attracted to Latin America and the Caribbean as exploration of Cretaceous targets continues into frontier areas, especially within the deep water Caribbean/Atlantic margin. Challenges lie not only in identifying targets but also in establishing ways to commercialize them. Current understandings of the environmental impact, depth to target formations, technological considerations and production methods, will benefit from focused discussions by regional experts utilizing case studies to highlight the most recent developments in these fields.
For registration and full event details please visit: HERE!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Concepts, Models, and Case Studies of Dolomitization – with Applications to Hydrocarbon Exploration and Development - March 10th, 2014
- Applied Concepts in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs - March 7th, 2014
- Getting Started in Fluvial Stratigraphy - March 7th, 2014
- Basinal to Local Scale Stratigraphy and Facies Architecture of the Jackfork Group Turbidites, Arkansas - March 6th, 2014
- Unlocking the Deep HPHT Oligocene Fairway in the Nile Delta and the 20K Technology Promise - March 6th, 2014