Sourcing and managing water in drilling, completions, and production has become a “make or break” issue. Join experienced expert Brent Halldorson of Fountain Quail Water Management, as he presents a one-hour e-symposium: Successful Oil Field Water Management: Case Studies and New Directions (Including Recycling) to be held at 2 pm on April 16, 2013.
The goal of this e-symposium is to provide an overview of the latest trends and technologies for water management for oil and gas drilling, completions, and production. The esymposium will include a number of in-depth case studies as well as descriptions of new directions (including new technologies and legislation). A discussion of new recycling initiatives will be covered as well.
Oilfield water management – a complicated issue?
Dominant factors in oilfield water management.
The biq question: freshwater or saltwater?
Charting a logical path towards a water management strategy.
Beware of black boxes.
Case Studies A&B, Freshwater
Case Studies C&D, Saltwater
Case Study E, Brackish Water
Each e-symposium consists of one-hour live e-symposium, along with material for one full day of independent study. The live portion will be followed by a full day of independent study (not a live event). The one-hour live e-symposium can be accessed from any computer anywhere in the world using a high-speed internet connection. After the event is over, you will receive via email information about accessing the asynchronous segment (not live) which consists of your independent study materials, to be accessed and studied at any time. You will be able to email responses to the readings, along with your study question answers for CEU credit (if you sign up for the extended package).
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014
- Play Concepts and Controls on Porosity in Carbonate Reservoir Analogs - April 7th, 2014
- A Journey Through the Geological Story of the Colorado Plateau - April 4th, 2014