Geosteering is at the heart of horizontal drilling in shale plays and other unconventionals. It’s also being use with great success in mature fields, to turn the “brown” fields “green.” What are the things that you as a geoscientist or engineer must know?
Learn techniques and strategies from recognized expert Robert S. Kalish, whose course, Introduction to Geosteering: Concepts and Procedures, is featured in AAPG’s Fall Education Conference. Held September 20-21 in Houston, Texas, registration is open now. For more details, please click the link.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014
- Play Concepts and Controls on Porosity in Carbonate Reservoir Analogs - April 7th, 2014
- A Journey Through the Geological Story of the Colorado Plateau - April 4th, 2014