Geosteering is at the heart of horizontal drilling in shale plays and other unconventionals. It’s also being use with great success in mature fields, to turn the “brown” fields “green.” What are the things that you as a geoscientist or engineer must know?
Learn techniques and strategies from recognized expert Robert S. Kalish, whose course, Introduction to Geosteering: Concepts and Procedures, is featured in AAPG’s Fall Education Conference. Held September 20-21 in Houston, Texas, registration is open now. For more details, please click the link.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014