The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has just published its preliminary list of candidates for their Secretary’s Advisory Board (SAB), Hydraulic Fracturing Advisory Panel. The list is at http://yosemite.epa.gov/sab/sabproduct.nsf/WebProjectsRequestsforCommentsBOARD/B436304BA804E3F885257A5B00521B3B?OpenDocument&TableR
EPA requests public comments on the candidates by December 19th.
The panel will be responsible for reviewing the interim and final reports from the EPA study on hydraulic fracturing and its potential impact on drinking water resources.
The candidate list is very long – over 140 experts – and will have to be reduced to arrive at a final panel that can work together effectively. Therefore, your comments are important to defining a final panel that is at least as diverse and balanced as the candidate list.
The corporate/organizational representation of the candidates is, from most to least numerous groups: academia, environment service companies, state regulatory agencies, federal government scientists, oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, and oilfield service companies.
Last 5 posts by Edie Allison
- Atlantic Seismic Surveys - March 3rd, 2014
- Oil and Gas Drilling on Federal Lands - February 24th, 2014
- EPA Power Plant Regs Depend on Enhanced Oil Recovery - February 17th, 2014
- The U.S. Exports and Imports Oil - February 10th, 2014
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration--Expensive and Unproven - February 3rd, 2014