Don’t miss your chance to explore Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia or Borneo. Sign up for a field trip and explore new vistas with AAPG ICE. Please register for field trips well before 29 June 2012 as cancellations due to low enrollment will be made shortly after this date.
- Langkawi Geopark, Malaysia (SEAPEX)
- Singapore Geothermal Excursion (SEAPEX)
- Sedimentation and Stratigraphy of the Modern and Ancient Mahakam Delta, Kutai Basin, East Kalimantan (SEAPEX)
- Deltaic and Shallow Marine Reservoir Sandstones of Northwest Borneo (SEAPEX)
- Modern Carbonate Depositional Systems — Pulau Seribu, Indonesia (SEAPEX)
- The Petroleum System of the Tertiary Rift Basin of Western Indonesia – An Outcrop Expose (SEAPEX)
Important notes regarding field trips
- Field Trips are limited in size and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration must be accompanied by full payment.
- If you do not plan on attending the conference, a US $30 enrollment fee will be added to the field trip fee. This fee may be applied toward
registration if you decide to attend the conference at a later date.
- A wait list is automatically created if a field trip sells out. The AAPG Convention Department will notify you if space becomes available.
- Before purchasing non-refundable airline tickets, confirm that the trip will take place, as trips may be canceled if undersubscribed.
- Participants must organize and pay transportation (air or train) to meeting points and from the end of trip locality to their final destination.
- It is important that you note your gender for hotel room assignments.
- You will receive an itinerary with details of meeting points, transportation with the trip, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of hotels and trip
leaders once the trip is confirmed. Please make sure you provide a valid e-mail address when you register.
- Proper clothing and supplies are needed for the outdoors (hat, wind breaker, sturdy footwear, sunscreen and rucksack).
- Average temperatures in Singapore are between 22 degrees Celsius to 34 degrees Celsius. Light showers contrasted with frequent heavy ones
could occur throughout the day during the month of September.
- Please register well before 29 June 2012. Field trip cancellations due to low enrollment will be made shortly after this date.
- No refunds will be made for field trips after 29 June 2012.
- Name changes for field trips will not be accepted after 10 August 2012.
- Neither AAPG nor field trip leaders and their employers maintain insurance covering illness or injury for individuals.
And remember to send me some pictures from your field trip!
Last 5 posts by Julie Simmons
- Call for Abstracts -- ACE 2013 - August 9th, 2012
- Azerbaijan International Conference Call for Abstracts - June 27th, 2012
- Get back in the classroom with a short course -- in Singapore - June 19th, 2012
- IPTC updates - May 29th, 2012
- Guest blog from Stefano Mazzoni, Field Trip Chair at AAPG 2012 ACE - February 29th, 2012