The June Explorer is posted.
It has a duo-focus: Rocky Mountain activity and a recap of the Annual Convention and Exhibition recently held in New Orleans.
And, as you can see from the above photo, it has some pretty amazing photography in it. The above outcrop of Tithonian fluvio-deltaic deposits is located about 60 kilometers north of Lisbon, Portugal. Apparently it is one of the best reservoir-rocks of the Lusitanian Basin and a good analog to the North Sea’s Statfjord Formation and is just one of many photos featured in an article about conjugate margins in the North Atlantic.
You’ll want to see what the EXPLORER discovered about the top 10 worst oil spills and then compare these with the current activity happening in the Gulf of Mexico.
While revisiting the annual meeting you’ll particularly want to read what Bobby Ryan said at the All-Convention luncheon and what Aubrey McClendon had to say as the Michel T. Halbouty lecturer.
Last 5 posts by Janet B.
- Introducing: AAPG Store - Buy. Register. Download. - April 25th, 2013
- Deadline is December 15 - November 13th, 2012
- Survey done. We have a winner! - October 2nd, 2012
- Online Application System Improved - really! - August 1st, 2012
- Polls Closed Midnight May 15 (CDST) - May 14th, 2012