I just posted two letters which President Scott Tinker sent to a couple of the subcommittees of the U.S. House Appropriations committee.
To the subcommittee on Energy & Water Development and Related Agencies, Scott sent a letter supporting the “importance and need for strong federal R&D efforts in the fields of oil and natural gas, coal, and geothermal technologies.” He points out this to “an essential investment in this nation’s energy security.” Read it (PDF)
Another letter was sent by Scott to the subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies. This testimony supported the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Read it (PDF)
These and other testimonies that have been given by AAPG leadership can be found on the Divisions of Professional Affairs Web site under “Testimonites.” Go there now.
Thank you, David Curtiss, for keeping us posted on the activities of AAPG membership in Washington, D.C.
Last 5 posts by Janet B.
- Introducing: AAPG Store - Buy. Register. Download. - April 25th, 2013
- Deadline is December 15 - November 13th, 2012
- Survey done. We have a winner! - October 2nd, 2012
- Online Application System Improved - really! - August 1st, 2012
- Polls Closed Midnight May 15 (CDST) - May 14th, 2012