The Student Chapter YouTube video contest returns for 2013 in time for ACE Pittsburgh! -Deadline quickly approaching.
After a successful trial at last year’s AAPG ACE meeting in Long Beach, CA with Suez Canal capturing the top video prize:
The AAPG Student Chapter Committee would like to announce that the 2013 AAPG Student Chapter YouTube competition is now underway and will award $1,000 for the top video, $300 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd place.
To participate please have your chapter create a video and upload it to YouTube. Then send the link to Mike Mlynek at AAPG firstname.lastname@example.org
Videos should highlight your Chapter and your activities.
Videos should not be longer than 3 minutes.
Only 1 video entry per AAPG Student Chapter.
Each member of the Student Chapter Committee will be allowed to vote
Also one at large vote will be determined by “popular vote” determined by number of likes of the video once posted to the AAPG Student Programs Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AAPGStudentPrograms
A second popular vote will be taken from number of views and/or likes of the video on YouTube.
Deadline to submit your video for consideration: April 30th.
For a little inspiration and to see last year’s video please check them out at: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL07246E9E5EAA49FC
Awards to be given at the Student Chapter Reception at the AAPG Annual meeting in Pittsburgh, PA on Monday May 20th at the Westin Hotel from 6:00 -8:00 p.m.
Last 5 posts by Mike Mlynek
- 2014 AAPG Student Chapter YouTube video competiton -submit entries now. - February 18th, 2014
- Geological Society of America Stephen E. Laubach Structural Diagenesis Research Award - April 10th, 2013
- Student? Coming to ACE 2013? Here is what you need to know/do. - April 3rd, 2013
- Companies Find Your Talent and Students Start Your Career. The Time is Now for AAPG/SEG Student Expo's and Career Fairs. Seize Your Opportunity - August 29th, 2012
- Student Expo Deadlines fast approaching for students and companies looking for top talent. - August 26th, 2011