I have been asked to share the below information with the AAPG Students.
****NOTE CHANGE IN APPLICATION DEADLINE**** now 1 June 2013
The Stephen E. Laubach Structural Diagenesis Research Award Fund promotes research combining structural geology and diagenesis, and curriculum development in structural diagenesis. The donors believe multidisciplinary approaches often reveal new insights into long-standing problems and expose productive avenues for enquiry. To help promote the cross disciplinary emphasis of this annual award, the Sedimentary Geology and Structural Geology & Tectonics Divisions have been designated to jointly select the recipient.
Graduate students, postgraduate and faculty level researchers are eligible.
This award addresses the rapidly growing recognition that fracturing, cement precipitation and dissolution, evolving rock mechanical properties and other structural diagenetic processes can govern recovery of resources and sequestration of material in deeply buried, diagenetically altered and fractured sedimentary rocks. The award highlights the growing need to break down disciplinary boundaries between structural geology and sedimentary petrology, exemplified by the work of Dr. Stephen Laubach and colleagues.
Please visit http://rock.geosociety.org/sed/SGD_Awards2.html#Laubach for application instructions.
Competed applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 1 June 2013.
Last 5 posts by Mike Mlynek
- 2014 AAPG Student Chapter YouTube video competiton -submit entries now. - February 18th, 2014
- 2013 AAPG Student Chapter YouTube video contest. - May 15th, 2013
- Student? Coming to ACE 2013? Here is what you need to know/do. - April 3rd, 2013
- Companies Find Your Talent and Students Start Your Career. The Time is Now for AAPG/SEG Student Expo's and Career Fairs. Seize Your Opportunity - August 29th, 2012
- Student Expo Deadlines fast approaching for students and companies looking for top talent. - August 26th, 2011