The AAPG Youth Education Activities Committee and the AAPG Foundation support the work of earth science teachers throughout the world. We like to consider the work that the children do, and it’s wonderful to visit the classrooms and encourage them to pursue careers in science.
We often overlook the sacrifices teachers make in order to stay in the profession, and how committed they are to helping children prepare for the future. Despite what we might think, teachers do not have lives of leisure and luxury, with a worry-free paid vacation for a summer! An interesting infographic debunks some of the “teacher myths” and explores some of today’s challenges.
What do you think? Share your own story (post a comment). In the meantime, if you know a K-12 science teacher, please take a moment to thank them for their work and dedication.
Teacher Salary Infographic created by Online Degree
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Useful Geomechanics Resources for You - June 17th, 2013
- Engineering the Mississippian & Arbuckle: Geologist "Must-Knows" in One Day - June 5th, 2013
- Geomechanics: Simply Indispensable - May 29th, 2013
- Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System (Oklahoma and Kansas) - May 15th, 2013
- Engineering Aspects of Mid-Continent Carbonate Reservoir Development - May 13th, 2013