Detailed presentations by Woodford experts and producers make AAPG’s Woodford Shale Forum on April 11 in Oklahoma City an information-packed “must attend” one-day event. Presenters will discuss the differences in the play, which extends from south, west, and east through the heart of Oklahoma. Understanding the variability of the formation is one key objective, along with “lessons learned” with respect to drilling, completing, and stimulating. New tools and technologies help obtain better well logs, a better understanding of the geomechanics, and types of oil, given rock properties.
Here is a partial listing of presenters and their topics: http://www.aapg.org/forum/2013/woodfordshale/program.cfm
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Need Funding? Here’s Your Chance: AAPG Research Launcher - April 22nd, 2014
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014
- Play Concepts and Controls on Porosity in Carbonate Reservoir Analogs - April 7th, 2014