Detailed presentations by Woodford experts and producers make AAPG’s Woodford Shale Forum on April 11 in Oklahoma City an information-packed “must attend” one-day event. Presenters will discuss the differences in the play, which extends from south, west, and east through the heart of Oklahoma. Understanding the variability of the formation is one key objective, along with “lessons learned” with respect to drilling, completing, and stimulating. New tools and technologies help obtain better well logs, a better understanding of the geomechanics, and types of oil, given rock properties.
Here is a partial listing of presenters and their topics: http://www.aapg.org/forum/2013/woodfordshale/program.cfm
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014