The Fall Tour of the AAPG Distinguished Lecture series is in full swing!
Ron Blakey, recently Professor Emeritus at Northern Arizona University following 34 years of teaching and research in the Department of Geology, will present the following Distinguished Lectures in December:
Wednesday, 12/5 – Michigan Basin Geological Society, Lansing, MI @ Eastwood Towne Center. Social at 5:30, Dinner at 6:00 and Lecture at 7pm. Lecture Topic is “Using Paleogeographic Maps to Portray Phanerozoic Geologic and Paleotectonic History of Western North America”.
Thursday, 12/6- Ball State University, Muncie, IN @ The Geological Sciences Department. Lecture is at 4:00pm. Lecture Topic is “Using Paleogeographic Maps to Portray Phanerozoic Geologic and Paleotectonic History of Western North America”.
Stop by to participate if you are in the area!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014
- Lacustrine Basin Exploration - June 13th, 2014