AAPG is working with Texas A&M Texarkana (TAMUT) to build curriculum with TAMUT’s MBA program and offer a new Energy Leadership track. The Energy Leadership Track takes a global view and is designed to provide business change agents and leaders with the information they need to make strategic decisions, build enterprises, and direct the development of services. The courses emphasize upstream (exploration and production) aspects of the industry, with some midstream and downstream (production, transportation, and refining) fundamentals. The program, offered through Texas A&M Texarkana’s College of Business Administration, is 100% online and ideal for working professionals. The program requires you to take one AAPG online course (certificate course), plus online courses (for-credit, graduate level) online at TAMUT. TAMUT offers one of the most affordable MBA programs in the country: Texas residents pay approximately $700 per 3-hour course, while students in surrounding states (Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas), may take 3-hour graduate courses for around $750 per course. International students pay out-of-state tuition, which is approximately $1500 per 3-hour course.
To get started, take AAPG’s self-paced online course, which begins June 1, and the first of every month thereafter.
The MBA in Energy Leadership prepares you for ma wide range of leadership positions in the energy industry:
- Ideal for associate members as well: (land professionals, financial services, investment banking, engineering).
- Benefits to international members who may not have access to an affordable online MBA program targeted to and focused on energy.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to describe the factors necessary to make financial and economic decisions regarding energy exploration, production, supply, and finance. The will be able to discuss legal, environmental, and regulatory factors having a significant impact on the energy industry. They will also be able to evaluate existing or hypothetical companies, and to design a plan for the success launch and operations of a company that is engaged in petroleum exploration and production, the development of technologies, or the delivery of services.
Launch date: Fall 2012
1. broaden the educational opportunities for students within the petroleum geologist profession;
2. provide technical foundations and leadership skills to prepare professionals wishing to assume and be successful in management positions in energy-related enterprises.
Characteristics of the Program:
• 100% online – including required AAPG online course, Leadership and Strategic Thinking in the Petroleum Industry
Many of the regular A&M fees waived
• In-state tuition
• Instead of taking the GMAT, students may write a 5-page essay that discusses their background, goals, motivation
• 4 AAPG co-developed energy-related courses, plus a capstone
Organizations that will benefit from individuals who have completed the MBA / Energy Leadership Track:
Integrated Oil and Gas Companies
Small Exploration and Production Companies
Storage and Transportation
Government and Regulators
Service and Supply Companies
Attorneys / Accountants
Need more information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014
- Play Concepts and Controls on Porosity in Carbonate Reservoir Analogs - April 7th, 2014
- A Journey Through the Geological Story of the Colorado Plateau - April 4th, 2014