Presenting techniques for predicting pore pressure in seals will be the subject of an AAPG E-Symposium taught by Selim S. Shaker and to be held on March 15 at 2 pm CST.
Establishing the geological building blocks for geopressure prediction goes hand in hand with prospect generation. It also forecasts drilling challenges. This e-symposium presents techniques for predicting pore pressure in seals by taking a look at case studies from the Gulf of Mexico and traces the relationship between rocks, fluids, stress, and pressure. It also examines the difference between predicted pore pressure and measurable pore pressure. The geopressure drilling tolerance window can be determined by looking closely at mudweight pressure, hydrodynamic pressure, predicted pore pressure, and the measurable pressure.
• Mud weight
• Pore pressure
• Dirty salt
• Salt pressure
Selim S. Shaker, Geopressure Analysis Services, Houston, TX
March 15, 2012 @ 2:00 p.m., CST, 1 hour duration
Registration for the E-Symposium
Member: $75.00 • Non-member $95.00• Students $25
Registration for the E-Symposium and the Expanded package for CEU credit
Members: $100 • Non-members: $145 • Students $35
To sign up, click the link: Deepwater Pressure
Structure of the E-Symposium
Each e-symposium consists of one-hour live e-symposium, along with material for one full day of independent study. The live portion will be followed by a full day of independent study (not a live event). The one-hour live e-symposium can be accessed from any computer anywhere in the world using a high-speed internet connection. After the event is over, you will receive via email information about accessing the asynchronous segment (not live) which consists of your independent study materials, to be accessed and studied at any time. You will be able to email responses to the readings, along with your study question answers for CEU credit (if you sign up for the extended package).
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014