There are a number of competing ideas about how to most effectively develop workflows in optimizing horizontal drilling. Much depends on the formation’s unique characteristics. It is also important to be aware of just what kind of data is available to you. It is possible that there are valuable pieces that you might be overlooking. One example might be the production logs from nearby wells. Another could be the microseismic from nearby wells.
Once you’ve assembled your information, what do you do with it?
Schlumberger’s Efe Ejofodomi will discuss strategies and apply them to the Marcellus. Join us on July 28 for an esymposium on integrating data in the Marcellus. For more information, please click the link: http://www.aapg.org/education/online/details.cfm?ID=225
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG-SPE Deepwater Reservoirs / 28-29 Jan / Houston - December 5th, 2013
- 2014 Playmaker Forum: Systems and Success - November 25th, 2013
- Earth-Shaking Change: Reservoirs & Reservoir Quality - November 1st, 2013
- Deepwater Caribbean: Interview with Krishna Persad - October 28th, 2013
- Interview with Donald Herron on Interpretation in Deepwater Reservoirs - October 20th, 2013