There are a number of competing ideas about how to most effectively develop workflows in optimizing horizontal drilling. Much depends on the formation’s unique characteristics. It is also important to be aware of just what kind of data is available to you. It is possible that there are valuable pieces that you might be overlooking. One example might be the production logs from nearby wells. Another could be the microseismic from nearby wells.
Once you’ve assembled your information, what do you do with it?
Schlumberger’s Efe Ejofodomi will discuss strategies and apply them to the Marcellus. Join us on July 28 for an esymposium on integrating data in the Marcellus. For more information, please click the link: http://www.aapg.org/education/online/details.cfm?ID=225
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Useful Geomechanics Resources for You - June 17th, 2013
- Engineering the Mississippian & Arbuckle: Geologist "Must-Knows" in One Day - June 5th, 2013
- Geomechanics: Simply Indispensable - May 29th, 2013
- Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System (Oklahoma and Kansas) - May 15th, 2013
- Engineering Aspects of Mid-Continent Carbonate Reservoir Development - May 13th, 2013