Hunting for “sweet spots” requires a good understanding of both the reservoir and the reservoir fluids. The dynamic interaction of pore pressure, fracture systems, interstitial porosity, permeability, and other properties and forces can be complicated. It’s best to take as much guesswork out of it as possible.
Jeffrey Yarus has developed an approach to reservoir characterization that helps you determine how to optimize reservoir flow. He’ll give a two-day workshop entitled Principles of Reservoir Characterization at AAPG’s Winter Education Conference, Feb 28 – March 4, in Houston, TX.
Want to know about sequence stratigraphy? We’ll have a great introduction on February 17 with Dr. Janok Bhattacharya. Here is a link to register for the e-symposium.
If you would like more information, please email AAPG at email@example.com.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG-SPE Deepwater Reservoirs / 28-29 Jan / Houston - December 5th, 2013
- 2014 Playmaker Forum: Systems and Success - November 25th, 2013
- Earth-Shaking Change: Reservoirs & Reservoir Quality - November 1st, 2013
- Deepwater Caribbean: Interview with Krishna Persad - October 28th, 2013
- Interview with Donald Herron on Interpretation in Deepwater Reservoirs - October 20th, 2013