Low-temperature geothermal resources represent a significant opportunity for companies involved in oil and gas exploration and production, and you’ll learn how in our new, free e-symposium offered by AAPG Education. Low-temperature geothermal resources can be co-produced with oil and gas, with numerous commercial applications. It’s a great lead-in to our 4-week e-certificate course, Geothermal Basics.
This e-symposium provides an overview of the current state of low-temperature geothermal resources, and it presents case studies and examples of co-production with oil and gas production. It is presented by Tim Reinhardt, Geothermal Technologies Program, US Department of Energy in conjunction with AAPG Education.
Key topics include:
- What are Low-Temperature Geothermal Resources?
- Where do low-temperature geothermal resources fit within petroleum exploration and production?
- What is co-production? When and where are low-temperature geothermal resources coproduced with oil and gas?
- What are the economics of low-temp geothermal co-production?
- Where are some of the best locations for co-production?
- Case studies and examples of low-temp geothermal and oil / natural gas co-production.
Sign up for the e-symposium here:
Sign up for Geothermal Energy Basics:
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Deepwater Reservoirs / 28-29 Jan / Houston - December 3rd, 2013
- 2014 Playmaker Forum: Systems and Success - November 25th, 2013
- Earth-Shaking Change: Reservoirs & Reservoir Quality - November 1st, 2013
- Deepwater Caribbean: Interview with Krishna Persad - October 28th, 2013
- Interview with Donald Herron on Interpretation in Deepwater Reservoirs - October 20th, 2013