Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience: Super-Charge your Career — Be on Board as the Economy Recovers!
The Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience is a 2-day super-charged course that gives you a combination of presentations, hands-on problems, and your own exploration project. You will be introduced to the formation and occurrence of petroleum, exploration economics and risk assessment, seismic and basic seismic interpretation, how to drill a well, how wells are appraised, tested and completed, production, and petrophysical log analysis. Through the exploration project you will gain an overview of exploration economics and risk, and experience the various activities of the exploration geoscientist and the decision making processes that are part of the exploration process.
You will emerge from this short course with an enhanced level of understanding of petroleum exploration and petroleum geoscience. You will develop a solid foundation of understanding and skill development that will be easier to enhance at some later date.
If you already feel comfortable with this subject matter, please consider the others in your team or company who may be geophysicists, engineers, hard-rock geologists, or involved in a different area, but who need a firm grasp of petroleum geology.
The event is organized and hosted by AAPG, a worldwide geoscience organization, with more than 36,000 members worldwide, and will take place May 19-21, 2010, at the Norris Conference Center, Houston/Westchase. Cost and registration information is available at the AAPG’s website.
A preliminary agenda is available at http://www.aapg.org/education/shortcourse/details.cfm?ID=8.
Super-Charge your Career — Be on Board as the Economy Recovers!
+1 918 560-2650
+1 918 560-2630
Toll Free (U.S. and Canada) +1 800 364 2274
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014
- Lacustrine Basin Exploration - June 13th, 2014