With the continuing developments and demands of shallow gas fields in the offshore Nile Delta the search for additional hydrocarbons has driven the industry to target deeper into high pressure and high temperature (HPHT) reservoirs. Chrysanthe Munn, Trinidad Resource Appraisal Manager at BP, will present the developments, discoveries, and future exploration of the deeper targets in the Oligoncene Fairway, by using the Satis and Hodoa fairway tests as models. These two tests have provided significant results which will be used as guides for potential locations remaining to be produced. This presentation is part of the Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW, and will be taking place Tuesday March 11, 2014 in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. For more information on this event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW
- Event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration Geoscience Technology Workshop (GTW)
- Presentation: Unlocking the Deep HPHT Oligocene fairway in the Nile Delta and the 20K Technology Promise
- Session: 3 (Deepwater Frontier Exploration – Global Analogies)
- Presenter(s): Chrysanthe S. Munn – BP
- Date: March 11, 2014 (Tuesday)
- Location: Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
To advance understanding and promote knowledge sharing, the AAPG Latin America Region and the Geological Society of Trinidad & Tobago will co-host GTW T&T 2014.
The Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW will share the worldwide attention that is attracted to Latin America and the Caribbean as exploration of Cretaceous targets continues into frontier areas, especially within the deep water Caribbean/Atlantic margin. Challenges lie not only in identifying targets but also in establishing ways to commercialize them. Current understandings of the environmental impact, depth to target formations, technological considerations and production methods, will benefit from focused discussions by regional experts utilizing case studies to highlight the most recent developments in these fields.
For registration and full event details please visit: HERE!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014