Tectono-Stratigraphic Habitat of Hydrocarbons in the Deep-water Frontier Provinces of Trinidad and Tobago
Presented by Tricia Alvarez, a PhD student with the Jackson School of Geosciences at the University of Texas at Austin, will discuss the specifics of correlation between the hydrocarbon environments in these deepwater provinces of the Caribbean. This presentation will be one of many at the Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW and will take place on Monday March 10, 2014 in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. For more information on this event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW
- Event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration Geoscience Technology Workshop (GTW)
- Presentation: Tectono-Stratigraphic Habitat of Hydrocarbons in the Deep-water Frontier Provinces of Trinidad and Tobago
- Session: 2 (Is the Cretaceous an Effective Petroleum System?)
- Presenter(s): Tricia Alvarez – Jackson School of Geosciences, The University of Texas at Austin
- Date: March 10, 2014 (Monday)
- Location: Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
To advance understanding and promote knowledge sharing, the AAPG Latin America Region and the Geological Society of Trinidad & Tobago will co-host GTW T&T 2014.
The Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW will share the worldwide attention that is attracted to Latin America and the Caribbean as exploration of Cretaceous targets continues into frontier areas, especially within the deep water Caribbean/Atlantic margin. Challenges lie not only in identifying targets but also in establishing ways to commercialize them. Current understandings of the environmental impact, depth to target formations, technological considerations and production methods, will benefit from focused discussions by regional experts utilizing case studies to highlight the most recent developments in these fields.
For registration and full event details please visit: HERE!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Getting Started in Fluvial Stratigraphy - March 7th, 2014
- Basinal to Local Scale Stratigraphy and Facies Architecture of the Jackfork Group Turbidites, Arkansas - March 6th, 2014
- Unlocking the Deep HPHT Oligocene Fairway in the Nile Delta and the 20K Technology Promise - March 6th, 2014
- Field Safety for Field Trip Leaders - March 6th, 2014
- Jaguar-1 HPHT Well, Geological Operations Lessons Learned - March 6th, 2014