One of the many presentations of the Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean, The Hypothetical Cretaceous Petroleum System of Trinidad and Tobago, will be taught by Adrian Thomas. Thomas, a Petroleum Geologist with Petrotrin holds critical understanding of the Eastern Venezuela, Suriname and North Sea basins. He will discuss the assumptions and theories that are involved with this petroleum system. This presentation will take place on Monday March 10, 2014 in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. For more information on this event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW
- Event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration Geoscience Technology Workshop (GTW)
- Presentation: The Hypothetical Cretaceous Petroleum System of Trinidad and Tobago
- Session: 2 (Is the Cretaceous an Effective Petroleum System?)
- Presenter(s): Adrian Thomas – Petrotrin
- Date: March 10, 2014 (Monday)
- Location: Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
To advance understanding and promote knowledge sharing, the AAPG Latin America Region and the Geological Society of Trinidad & Tobago will co-host GTW T&T 2014.
The Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW will share the worldwide attention that is attracted to Latin America and the Caribbean as exploration of Cretaceous targets continues into frontier areas, especially within the deep water Caribbean/Atlantic margin. Challenges lie not only in identifying targets but also in establishing ways to commercialize them. Current understandings of the environmental impact, depth to target formations, technological considerations and production methods, will benefit from focused discussions by regional experts utilizing case studies to highlight the most recent developments in these fields.
For registration and full event details please visit: HERE!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014
- Play Concepts and Controls on Porosity in Carbonate Reservoir Analogs - April 7th, 2014
- A Journey Through the Geological Story of the Colorado Plateau - April 4th, 2014