The Global Laramide Orogeny and its Influence on Cretaceous and Paleogene Petroleum Systems of the Caribbean Plate and its Contiguous Continental Plates
Interested in hearing highly valuable discussions on the global laramide orogeny and its influences in the Caribbean? Steven Getz, Chief Geoscientist at Getz Exploration Consultants Inc., has great familiarity with this and has completed several recent projects in this region. He will speak specifically on the the influences and affects that this global mountain building has had on the petroleum systems in the Caribbean region. This presentation will take place on Monday March 10, 2014 in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. For more details on this event: Event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration Geoscience Technology Workshop- GTW
- Event: Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration Geoscience Technology Workshop (GTW)
- Presentation: The Global Laramide Orogeny and its Influence on Cretaceous and Paleogene Petroleum Systems of the Caribbean Plate and its Contiguous Continental Plates
- Session: 1 (Cretaceous Exploration in the Caribbean)
- Presenter(s): Steven L. Getz – Getz Exploration Consultants Inc.
- Date: March 10, 2014 (Monday)
- Location: Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
To advance understanding and promote knowledge sharing, the AAPG Latin America Region and the Geological Society of Trinidad & Tobago will co-host GTW T&T 2014.
The Deep Horizon and Deepwater Frontier Exploration in Latin America and the Caribbean GTW will share the worldwide attention that is attracted to Latin America and the Caribbean as exploration of Cretaceous targets continues into frontier areas, especially within the deep water Caribbean/Atlantic margin. Challenges lie not only in identifying targets but also in establishing ways to commercialize them. Current understandings of the environmental impact, depth to target formations, technological considerations and production methods, will benefit from focused discussions by regional experts utilizing case studies to highlight the most recent developments in these fields.
For registration and full event details please visit: HERE!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Faults, Fractures and Tectonics of the Northern Appalachian Basin: Field Seminar - April 24th, 2014
- Need Funding? Here’s Your Chance: AAPG Research Launcher - April 22nd, 2014
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014