Mexico’s energy reform will result in tremendous opportunities in unconventional reservoirs and deepwater reservoirs. A detailed talk on the implications of Mexico’s new legislation and information about the location of Mexico’s onshore and offshore fields will be just one of many ground-breaking presentations at the day-long AAPG-DPA Playmaker Forum, slated for January 23 in Houston.
Following an overwhelmingly positive Playmaker Forum in 2013, this year’s Playmaker will feature a full slate of speakers talking about today’s hot plays, technologies, and game-changing legislative changes. Top experts, including legendary wildcatters Jim Bob Moffett and Bud Brigham, will present inside views of how the plays were found and developed, and the technologies that are making them economic.
Learning the best strategies for packaging and marketing prospects and properties is also a goal of the Playmaker Forum. While unconventional reservoirs take center stage, packaging and marketing offshore and mature properties also figure prominently. Topics include identifying bypassed pays and plays, using new geochemistry techniques, shale gas reserve and forecasting techniques, and new reservoir characterization approaches that help identify sweet spots and optimize production.
The afternoon session will include talks on Plays of the Day by individuals with critical insights into discovery, creation, and expansion of established and emerging plays. The speakers would represent unique perspectives, geologic overviews, and business analysis, including several of the following domestic onshore plays:
* Eagle Ford
* Emerging plays in Canada and Mexico INCLUDING NEW RULES FOR MEXICO
A keynote talk by Scott Tinker will focus on lessons learned (thus far) on sweet spots and economics of unconventional plays and what the resources developed at the BEG that will help take advantage of the new opportunities in Mexico and elsewhere.
The day will end with a networking reception.
Here are highlights:
Session 1: The Art of Exploration
Session 2: Prospecting Workflows and Marketing Approaches
Session 3: Established Plays: Discovery of New Fields and Sweet Spots
Session 4: Emerging Plays
The Division of Professional Affairs (DPA) has planned an ongoing series of Playmaker forum events, not only for Houston, but also for Canada and other sections in the U.S.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014