Following the success of the 2013 Playmaker, comes this year’s expanded 2014 Playmaker Forum 2.0. This year’s forum incorporates more multidisciplinary efforts and a great mix of conventional and unconventional plays and skill sets. With the overwhelming amount of positive feedback from the 2013 forum, it is clear that this subject matter is in full demand. Many explorers travel from far and wide to hear some of the best oil finders in the industry speak on prospecting skills, the art of exploration, work flows, successful and emerging plays.
Read personal testimonials from past attendees and presenters.
Join us in Houston at the Norris Conference Center on Thursday January, 23rd for the AAPG / DPA 2014 Playmaker 2.0. Review the full program details and register today.
• “…compliments on the DPA Play Makers Forum. The course and networking opportunities were outstanding.”- Denise C.
• “Bravo on the Playmakers Forum! Thanks for all the work you put into the Playmakers. I enjoyed the day and was able to do some needed networking with colleagues. I think it was a big success.”- Denise S.
• “Fantastic job coordinating last week’s Forum. Putting together ‘new’ events is always a huge undertaking and few people totally understand the work involved.”- Tim R.
• “Enjoyed the Playmaker Forum and learned lots of good things. Really liked Steve Brachman’s talk (worth the price of admission) and Dan Tearpock’s and Bob Shoup’s talk on the ‘ten characteristics.’ Was also impressed with Hamm’s life and career history.”
“What struck me is that although I knew some of the people for a long time (Weimer, Rose, Thomasson, Downey), most of the ones I knew I met since becoming a consultant in 1996. It just shows one can recharge one’s career, life, network and in the process grow and expand one’s horizons.”- George K.
• “This was a fantastic event!”- Dianna P.
• “Excellent job of assembling a great diverse set of talks. I was honored to share the stage with so many legends.”- Kirk B.
• “Congratulations to an excellent job on the inaugural Playmaker Forum. The event was great, and I look forward to the comments we receive. This was a win both for AAPG and for DPA.”- David C.
• “It was a pleasure to participate. Thanks for inviting me. Enjoy the weekend.” - Bill M.
• “Kudos, congratulations the forum was great!”- Louise D.
• “Great job with the Forum. I was honored to be included with the distinguished and very impressive group of presenters. Great turnout.”- Steve B.
• “I want to re-iterate that I very much enjoyed the Playmaker forum and plan on attending again next year if DPA decides to do another one. I also would like this to serve as documentation from a young professional’s vantage as to what I liked at the Playmaker Forum.”
“Again, I just thought you would appreciate feedback from someone who thoroughly enjoyed this year’s Forum, and would love to attend again if the opportunity arises.” - Daniel B.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Applied Concepts in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs - March 7th, 2014
- Getting Started in Fluvial Stratigraphy - March 7th, 2014
- Basinal to Local Scale Stratigraphy and Facies Architecture of the Jackfork Group Turbidites, Arkansas - March 6th, 2014
- Unlocking the Deep HPHT Oligocene Fairway in the Nile Delta and the 20K Technology Promise - March 6th, 2014
- Field Safety for Field Trip Leaders - March 6th, 2014