Integrating Data Obtained on Source-Rock and Reservoir Fluid Samples to Evaluate Shale Resources Across the E&P Life Cycle
Integrating Data Obtained on Source-Rock and Reservoir Fluid Samples, taught by geochemical experts Alan S. Kornacki and Christopher D. Laughrey, is designed for Geologists and petroleum engineers responsible for assessing oil- and gas-shale resources in petroleum basins; drilling and evaluating oil- and gas-shale exploration and appraisal wells; or developing and managing oil- and gas-shale reservoirs. Participants should be familiar with principles of source-rock deposition, and interpreting geochemical data obtained on source rock, oil, and gas samples. This course will take place February 10 – 11, 2014 in Houston, and is a part of the Winter Education Conference. For more details: http://www.aapg.org/education/wec/details.cfm?ID=205
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
—Integrate legacy data from E&P wells and interpret new data obtained on rock and fluid samples to evaluate the resource potential of shale formations in proven petroleum basins.
—Apply sequence stratigraphic principles, source-rock characterization methods, and HC charge modeling results to reduce uncertainty about the scope of new oil- and gas-shale plays.
—Interpret geochemical data obtained on well cuttings, conventional cores, desorption canister and mud-gas samples, and produced oil and gas samples to identify shale reservoir intervals with good commercial potential.
—Use geochemical data obtained on produced oil and gas samples to support well and reservoir management and surveillance programs.
—Understand how to use HC fingerprinting technology to evaluate horizontal wells completed in shale reservoirs and to allocate commingled oil and gas production.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014