Geologists, geophysicists, engineers and anyone interested in exploring in the Mississippian Limestone Play area will benefit from AAPG’s one-day course on Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System (June 12 / Fort Worth). Participants in this course will learn about the structure, tectonics and stratigraphy of the Mississippian system. Through the use of exercises and case studies, they will learn how log interpretation plays a part in the exploration and development of this important play.
This 1-day course will include an introduction to many of the facets of the Mississippian Play, including stratigraphy, tectonics, depositional setting, drilling statistics, plays and subplays and analogs to other plays. Shelf-to-basin lithofacies will also be discussed. There will be several exercises and problem sets relating to log interpretation of the Mississippian oil and gas reservoirs, encompassing many of the different log types such as microresistivity, spectral gamma ray, NMR and core log calibration and electrofacies.
In the afternoon, several different case studies from the Kansas shelf will be shown, including Bindley, Schaben and Dickman Field; Welch-Bornholdt-Wherry Fields; Glick & Spivey-Grabs Basil Fields; and Wellington Field in the Sedgwick Basin.
The instructor is Lynn Watney, Kansas Geological Survey.
For more information, http://www.aapg.org/education/sec/details.cfm?ID=268
Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System
- INSTRUCTOR :
- W. Lynn Watney, Kansas Geological Survey, Lawrence, KS
- June 12, 2013
- Norris Conference Center, Fort Worth, TX
- Member: $500.00(if purchased individually)
Registration for the entire week is $1,795 for members, $2,095 nonmembers. Goes up to $1995/$2295, and/or individual course prices increase by $50/course day after 5/13/2013.
No refunds for cancellations after 5/13/2013.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Concepts, Models, and Case Studies of Dolomitization – with Applications to Hydrocarbon Exploration and Development - March 10th, 2014
- Applied Concepts in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs - March 7th, 2014
- Getting Started in Fluvial Stratigraphy - March 7th, 2014
- Basinal to Local Scale Stratigraphy and Facies Architecture of the Jackfork Group Turbidites, Arkansas - March 6th, 2014
- Unlocking the Deep HPHT Oligocene Fairway in the Nile Delta and the 20K Technology Promise - March 6th, 2014