Detailed presentations by Woodford experts and producers make AAPG’s Woodford Shale Forum on April 11 in Oklahoma City an information-packed “must attend” one-day event. Presenters will discuss the differences in the play, which extends from south, west, and east through the heart of Oklahoma. Understanding the variability of the formation is one key objective, along with “lessons learned” with respect to drilling, completing, and stimulating. New tools and technologies help obtain better well logs, a better understanding of the geomechanics, and types of oil, given rock properties.
Here is a partial listing of presenters and their topics: http://www.aapg.org/forum/2013/woodfordshale/program.cfm
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System (Oklahoma and Kansas) - May 15th, 2013
- Engineering Aspects of Mid-Continent Carbonate Reservoir Development - May 13th, 2013
- Interview Skills for Geologists - April 18th, 2013
- How Far Can We Affordably Purify Produced Water? E-Symposium and Articles Provide Answers - April 9th, 2013
- Woodford Shale Forum info available now - April 1st, 2013