Situated between the Eagle Ford and the Woodbine east of the San Marcos Arch is a fascinating area that takes advantage of the prospectivity of both formations. There are lateral facies changes resulting in higher silt content, and often very high TOC. Wells drilled in the Eaglebine trend have been very encouraging, and new technologies are emerging to effectively target sweet spots, and then to complete and stimulate the well.
Sign up today for the AAPG’s Eagle Ford and Adjacent Formations GTW March 18-20 in San Antonio and learn about the Eaglebine from Tom Bowman, who will be making a presentation on Wednesday, March 20.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Exploration for Deep-Water Sands Using Seismic Sequence Methodology - December 11th, 2013
- AAPG-SPE Deepwater Reservoirs / 28-29 Jan / Houston - December 5th, 2013
- 2014 Playmaker Forum: Systems and Success - November 25th, 2013
- Earth-Shaking Change: Reservoirs & Reservoir Quality - November 1st, 2013
- Deepwater Caribbean: Interview with Krishna Persad - October 28th, 2013