Oil and gas shale plays, coal bed methane, conventional marginal assets, and UTG, new technologies such as horizontal wells, multibranch wells, MPD, and other complex well exploitation technologies — are great for economics, but tough on geoscientists trying to keep up with the knowledge base. Now there is hope, through a series of workshops, including one to be held May 21, at the Colorado School of Mines. A longer one will be held in November in Dallas.
Horizontal / complex well expert Bob Knoll is sharing his experience and expertise with geologists who want to cross-train to play key roles in their teams.
In the complex world of unconventional oil and gas, the geologist be a functioning member of an asset team, and he or she must know something about drilling, reservoir engineering, geophysics, as well as petroleum geology. It is important for asset teams to receive cross-training on the reservoirs as well as the technologies.
The AAPG and PTTC are making Bob’s knowledge accessible through workshops to be held this summer and fall. Bob Knoll is one of the world’s leading horizontal/complex well experts.
May 14: Morgantown, West Virginia. Shale Plays and Horizontal Drilling.
May 19: Oklahoma City, OK. Shale Plays and Horizontal Drilling.
Thursday, May 21, 2009: 8:30 am – 5 pm; Colorado School of Mines (Golden, CO). Fee: $250. Keys to Complex Horizontal Well Economic Success. http://www.pttcrockies.org
November2-6, 2009: 8:30 – 5 pm; Ellison Miles Geotechnical Institute (Dallas, TX). Fee: $2,500. Optimizing Horizontal Well Applications – The Asset Team Approach (Not a drilling course, but an intense cross-training course for drilling supervisors and all asset team members)
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014