John Dribus – There May Be More Than Microbialites Beneath all that Salt…. A Quick Look at the Exploration History and Petroleum Potential of the Presalt Clastic Petroleum System in Deep Water Gabon: AAPG Deepwater GTW
Exploration for presalt carbonate reservoirs, especially the highly permeable microbialites of Santos and Campos Basins in deep water Brazil is well under way, and the new Cameia Discovery in Kwanza Basin has encouraged further presalt exploration in deep water Angola as well. To the north, along the coast of western Africa, several presalt discoveries have been made offshore on the continental shelf Gabon, but these oil fields are in clastic reservoirs rather than in carbonate rock. The important question is, what type of reservoirs should we expect in the deepwater presalt areas of offshore Gabon?
Don’t miss John Dribus’s presentation at AAPG’s Fourth Annual AAPG Deepwater Reservoirs Geoscience Technology Workshop – Houston, TX, January 15-16, 2013!
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG-SPE Deepwater Reservoirs / 28-29 Jan / Houston - December 5th, 2013
- 2014 Playmaker Forum: Systems and Success - November 25th, 2013
- Earth-Shaking Change: Reservoirs & Reservoir Quality - November 1st, 2013
- Deepwater Caribbean: Interview with Krishna Persad - October 28th, 2013
- Interview with Donald Herron on Interpretation in Deepwater Reservoirs - October 20th, 2013