One of the industry’s greatest current challenges is the ability to image subsalt reservoirs and thus pinpoint the deepwater oil and gas deposits of tomorrow.
Despite significant progress in recent years, there remain many challenging areas for earth model building and imaging in the most complex geological environments. Increased complexity in the imaging challenges has driven a change from traditional ray-based methods to waveform methods for model building and imaging.
These new imaging technologies work best with data that is enriched with low frequencies, long offsets and all azimuths.
In this talk we will show some data examples and discuss acquisition designs and waveform technologies to improve subsalt imaging.
This year’s Deepwater Reservoirs GTW has a truly stellar slate of presentations – all of which allow you time to ask questions, discuss, and learn. Space is limited, so sign up today. Don’t miss this amazing speaker and presentation our Fourth Annual AAPG Deepwater Reservoirs Geoscience Technology Workshop – Houston, TX, January 15-16, 2013!
S. (Jerry) Kapoor (email@example.com) currently is Director of WesternGeco’s global depth Imaging. He began his career with GSI in Croydon, England and has managed seismic data processing centers in Stavanger, Norway; Bedford, England; and Houston,Texas. In 1990 he began work on developing and applying technology to image steep dips and subsalt sediments. Since 1994 he has managed the evolution of WesternGecos’s depth imaging business from prestack depth migrations to the current state of the art wide azimuth surveys and full waveform inversion. He has been involved with a number of successful complex imaging projects in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014