Interested in knowing how the NMR measurement works? Join us as Kate Washburn teaches the basis on Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Unconventional Resources on September 19, 2012 at the Noris Conference Center, City Centre in Houston, TX.
Nuclear magnetic resonance is quickly moving from a nice to have option to a must have measurement for unconventional resources. To plan work and get the most from your information, you need to understand the principles of how the technique functions and what the results really mean. Basic understanding of NMR and its application in the petroleum industry will be built around the simpler cases of conventional resources. With that foundation, the course will move to discuss how you can use these principles, and in some cases can’t, in unconventional resources. Exercises will provide experience with handling and interpreting NMR data.
DATES: September 19, 2012
LOCATION: Norris Conference Center, City Centre Location, Houston, TX
TUITION: Member: $475.00 • NonMember $475.00
(if purchased individually)
Registration for the entire week is $1,795 for members, $1,895 nonmembers. Goes up to $1895/$1995, and/or individual course prices increase by $50/course day after 8/20/2012. Course notes, refreshments and lunch buffet included.
No refunds for cancellations after 8/20/2012.
CONTENT: .7 CEU What is a CEU?
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Know how the NMR measurement works
- Have learned the different types of NMR measurements (T1,T2, Dual te, Dual tw, multidimensional measurements)
- Know the information that can be obtained from NMR in conventionals
- Have obtained familiarity with equipment available and capabilities
- Know the information that can be obtained from NMR in unconventionals
- (and answers to other questions yet to be raised!)
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014
- Lacustrine Basin Exploration - June 13th, 2014