Want to understand factors related to tight oil production? Attend AAPG’s Exploration in the Bakken Petroleum System, in Houston at the Fall Education Conference on September 17th.
This course is an introduction to the Bakken/Three Forks resource play. The play has proven to be economic and successful for many operators. A wide range of topics will be covered to familiarize the participant with the important nuances of the Bakken and Three Forks. The petroleum system approach will be used. A key emphasis of this course will be to show the important elements and processes for continuous oil and gas accumulations. The participant will learn screening techniques which may help identify “sweet spots” in the Bakken/Three Forks fairway. The lessons learned in the course can be applied to other tight oil plays.
INSTRUCTOR : Stephen A. Sonnenberg, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
DATES: September 17, 2012
LOCATION: Norris Conference Center, City Centre Location, Houston, TX
TUITION: Member: $475.00 • NonMember $475.00
(if purchased individually)
Registration for the entire week is $1,795 for members, $1,895 nonmembers. Goes up to $1895/$1995, and/or individual course prices increase by $50/course day after 8/20/2012. Course notes, refreshments and lunch buffet included.
No refunds for cancellations after 8/20/2012.
CONTENT: .7 CEU What is a CEU?
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand factors related to tight oil production
- Recognize technologies available for tight reservoirs
- Identify the presence of natural fractures
- Determine if a pervasive hydrocarbon exists
- Determine the type of source rocks present and maturity
- Use geological and geochemical reconnaissance
- Understand the importance of mechanical stratigraphy
- Identify matrix porosity and permeability
- Identify reservoir drive mechanisms
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Exploration and Development in the Mississippian System (Oklahoma and Kansas) - May 15th, 2013
- Engineering Aspects of Mid-Continent Carbonate Reservoir Development - May 13th, 2013
- Interview Skills for Geologists - April 18th, 2013
- How Far Can We Affordably Purify Produced Water? E-Symposium and Articles Provide Answers - April 9th, 2013
- Woodford Shale Forum info available now - April 1st, 2013