Looking at a formation as a source rock, then turning around and considering it a viable reservoir requires you to be able to shift your thinking and to analyze a great deal of data in a new way. If you don’t, you risk not understanding the nature of “sweet spots” and how to accurately complete or use reservoir characterization studies.
Learn techniques and strategies from an expert who has years of experience in many different plays and who has been at the forefront of source rock / unconventional reservoir evolution. Quinn Passey will offer My Source Rock Is Now My Reservoir at AAPG’s Fall Education Conference. Held September 18 in Houston, Texas, registration is open now. For more details, please click the link.
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG-SPE Deepwater Reservoirs / 28-29 Jan / Houston - December 5th, 2013
- 2014 Playmaker Forum: Systems and Success - November 25th, 2013
- Earth-Shaking Change: Reservoirs & Reservoir Quality - November 1st, 2013
- Deepwater Caribbean: Interview with Krishna Persad - October 28th, 2013
- Interview with Donald Herron on Interpretation in Deepwater Reservoirs - October 20th, 2013