Reservoir engineering for petroleum geologists is the subject of a short course taught at AAPG’s Summer Education Conference in Fort Worth. The course will be held on June 21 & 22. The instructor, Richard Green, was previously the President and CEO of Saxon Oil Company in Dallas and is currently an independent consultant in California.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Know the language and terminology of reservoir engineering allowing better interdisciplinary communication.
- Have the skills to integrate production data with geologic data and use the combination to enhance interpretation and potentially discover untapped reserves.
- Understand the rock properties that control production performance and use that knowledge to better explore and develop reservoirs and fields.
- Understand the various reservoir drive mechanisms, the expected recovery ranges from those mechanisms, and the secondary and tertiary methods employed to enhance recoveries from reservoirs.
For more information about the course, please visit the website:
The course, which is a part of the Summer Education Conference, presents information that can be applied to geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, land management specialists, and managers with no previous training in reservoir engineering. It can also serve as an introductory course for engineers who have not had previous training in reservoir engineering.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- AAPG Pre-Conference Short Courses (URTeC) - July 25th, 2014
- Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum - July 7th, 2014
- Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts: An AAPG/SEPM Hedberg Research Conference - July 7th, 2014
- Folding, Thrusting and Syntectonic Sedimentation: Perspectives from Classic Localities of the Central Pyrenees - June 24th, 2014
- Complex Carbonate Reservoirs: Sedimentation and Tectonic Processes - The Impact of Facies and Fractures on Reservoir Performance - June 23rd, 2014