Negotiations for energy professionals, is the subject of a joint short course provided by AAPG and University of Tulsa Center for Executive and Professional Development, in Tulsa. The course, which will be held on May 17 – 18, will present and explain negotiating rules with real-world examples and exercises to build (or refresh) your negotiating skills.
With real-world examples and classroom practice, discover what it takes to be a successful negotiator, how to play the game and learn:
- Proven solutions to your toughest negotiating challenges including: The Nibble, Lowering Their Expectations, Testing Your Assumptions, What to Do When You Are Surrounded.
- The top five dangers to look for in the JOA and how to negotiate protection.
- Practical ethical considerations in the industry to avoid fines and jail time.
- Real-life techniques (no theoretical discussion here!) so you can create win-win deals.
- Three tactics to prevent you from becoming emotionally involved in the deal.
- The Secret Formula for Obtaining Power—how to be in control no matter the circumstances.
- Why trust trumps experience and how to build it.
For more information about the course, please visit the website:
The course is intended to help you build your negotiation skills and allow you to practice what you learn with other participants using real-world examples and exercises.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Need Funding? Here’s Your Chance: AAPG Research Launcher - April 22nd, 2014
- Seismic Interpretation in Fold-and-Thrust Belts: Field Trip to the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountain Foreland - April 17th, 2014
- Canoeing with Lewis & Clark: A Geologic Excursion along the Missouri in Montana - April 14th, 2014
- New Insights and Developments of the Gulf of Mexico Basin - April 11th, 2014
- Play Concepts and Controls on Porosity in Carbonate Reservoir Analogs - April 7th, 2014