Negotiations for energy professionals, is the subject of a joint short course provided by AAPG and University of Tulsa Center for Executive and Professional Development, in Tulsa. The course, which will be held on May 17 – 18, will present and explain negotiating rules with real-world examples and exercises to build (or refresh) your negotiating skills.
With real-world examples and classroom practice, discover what it takes to be a successful negotiator, how to play the game and learn:
- Proven solutions to your toughest negotiating challenges including: The Nibble, Lowering Their Expectations, Testing Your Assumptions, What to Do When You Are Surrounded.
- The top five dangers to look for in the JOA and how to negotiate protection.
- Practical ethical considerations in the industry to avoid fines and jail time.
- Real-life techniques (no theoretical discussion here!) so you can create win-win deals.
- Three tactics to prevent you from becoming emotionally involved in the deal.
- The Secret Formula for Obtaining Power—how to be in control no matter the circumstances.
- Why trust trumps experience and how to build it.
For more information about the course, please visit the website:
The course is intended to help you build your negotiation skills and allow you to practice what you learn with other participants using real-world examples and exercises.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last 5 posts by Susan Nash
- Getting Started in Fluvial Stratigraphy - March 7th, 2014
- Basinal to Local Scale Stratigraphy and Facies Architecture of the Jackfork Group Turbidites, Arkansas - March 6th, 2014
- Unlocking the Deep HPHT Oligocene Fairway in the Nile Delta and the 20K Technology Promise - March 6th, 2014
- Field Safety for Field Trip Leaders - March 6th, 2014
- Jaguar-1 HPHT Well, Geological Operations Lessons Learned - March 6th, 2014