Last week ExxonMobil unveiled a new website about the science and benefits of developing natural gas, particularly from shales.
“Natural gas is providing the United States with an enormous economic advantage as a result of American ingenuity and innovation,” the site explains.
It makes special mention of the Marcellus shale, where natural gas exploration and production activities “added 44,000 jobs in Pennsylvania in 2009 alone, contributed $389 million in state and local tax revenue, over $1 billion in federal tax revenue, and nearly $4 billion in value-added to the state’s economy.”
Last 5 posts by David Curtiss
- Search underway to hire a GEO-DC Director - January 29th, 2012
- Washington Watch: Casing Gets Early Blame in Fracturing Studies - January 2nd, 2012
- Washington Watch: GEO-DC Office Still Doing Business - October 2nd, 2011
- Sec. Salazar names leaders of new offshore agencies - September 16th, 2011
- Senior managers named to lead new offshore regulatory agencies - September 12th, 2011