Applications and nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 Professorial Award. The Professorial award, given annually by the AAPG Foundation, will be granted to a college or university professor who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the field of geoscience education.
The deadline for this application is February 15, 2014.
In its third year, this new award program has been presented to two phenomenal geoscience professors; Dr. James Evans from Utah State University College of Science, and Dr. Grant Wach from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The award is intended to encourage geoscience professors to stay current on industry trends and cutting edge technology to share with their undergraduate and graduate students, further enhancing the field of geoscience research.
The final Professorial Award winner will receive a $1,000 award, recognition at AAPG’s Annual Convention and Exhibition, and a beautiful commemorative plaque acknowledging the achievement.
Click here to make a nomination or to complete an application.
For more information on donating to the Professorial Award fund, contact the AAPG Foundation toll free at 855-302-2743 or visit the online donation website and click on the “Professorial Award Fund.”
Last 5 posts by April Hastings
- Register Now: 2014 Trustee Associates Meeting at Barton Creek - July 16th, 2014
- Ken Coulson, Grants-in-Aid Spotlight - June 30th, 2014
- Supporting Undergrads Both In and Out of the Classroom - June 9th, 2014
- Save the Date! 37th Annual Trustee Associates Meeting - May 7th, 2014
- Announcing 2014 Grants-in-Aid Awards - April 15th, 2014