Applications and nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 Professorial Award. The Professorial award, given annually by the AAPG Foundation, will be granted to a college or university professor who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the field of geoscience education.
The deadline for this application is February 15, 2014.
In its third year, this new award program has been presented to two phenomenal geoscience professors; Dr. James Evans from Utah State University College of Science, and Dr. Grant Wach from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The award is intended to encourage geoscience professors to stay current on industry trends and cutting edge technology to share with their undergraduate and graduate students, further enhancing the field of geoscience research.
The final Professorial Award winner will receive a $1,000 award, recognition at AAPG’s Annual Convention and Exhibition, and a beautiful commemorative plaque acknowledging the achievement.
Click here to make a nomination or to complete an application.
For more information on donating to the Professorial Award fund, contact the AAPG Foundation toll free at 855-302-2743 or visit the online donation website and click on the “Professorial Award Fund.”
Last 5 posts by April Stuart
- AAPG Foundation Joins SEG in Award-Winning Geosciences Without Borders - December 4th, 2014
- Attention Grad Students! Research Funds Available - October 13th, 2014
- Professorial Award Now Open - October 9th, 2014
- Apply Now for Grants-in-Aid! - September 30th, 2014
- Seeking 2015 Teacher of the Year - September 29th, 2014