Make 2012 the year with the “write” stuff. Now is the perfect time to make good on your New Year’s resolutions to enhance your professional reputation, write more and travel! AAPG and its partners are now soliciting abstracts for a variety of events worldwide. The deadlines are quickly approaching — two this month — so take a look at your options:
- Unconventional Gas Shales in Poland: A Look at the Science — an AAPG GTW in Warsaw. Send a 15-line summary and CV for consideration to AAPG Europe by 15 January 2012.
- AAPG 2012 International Conference & Exhibition in Singapore. Abstracts must be submitted online by 19 January 2012.
- Arctic Technology Conference 2012. Abstracts deadline: 28 February 2012.
- Unconventional Hydrocarbon Plays in Asia — an AAPG GTW in Singapore. Send a 10-line summary and CV for consideration to Adrienne Pereira, AAPG Asia Pacific Office.
- 2012 International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC) in China. Submit your abstract online by 2 March 2012.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Each event has its own set of guidelines for submitting an abstract — be sure to read and follow these guidelines.
- Use an informative title that will capture attention and inform, but keep it brief.
- Spell out acronyms the first time they are used, for example American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG).
- Ask a co-worker to review your abstract before submitting.
- Edit, edit, edit.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to submit.
Do you have a tip for submitting abstracts? Share it with me. I’ll publish the best ideas in my next blog post.
Last 5 posts by Julie Simmons
- Call for Abstracts -- ACE 2013 - August 9th, 2012
- Azerbaijan International Conference Call for Abstracts - June 27th, 2012
- Get back in the classroom with a short course -- in Singapore - June 19th, 2012
- Field trips offer a chance to explore new vistas — but only if you sign up by 29 June - June 12th, 2012
- IPTC updates - May 29th, 2012