In an earlier post I covered several acronyms describing our conventions and conference. But AAPG has some new events with acronyms coming up PDQ (pretty darned quick) so I thought I’d touch on another important acronym: GTW.
GTW stands for Geosciences Technology Workshop. GTWs deliver up-to-date technical content to AAPG members and the industry in a focused and highly interactive environment. The motto sums it up pretty well:
Inform, discuss, learn, share: The AAPG GTW experience
We have had several successful GTWs in North America, the Middle East and Europe and now we’re adding to the list with new GTWs in the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions.
Pore Pressure Prediction: Special Focus – Asia-Pacific will be held in Singapore, 27-29 October 2010. Keynote speakers will be Richard Swarbrick (GeoPressure Technology, UK) and Nader Dutta (Schlumberger, USA). In addition to the workshop and networking receptions, there are also two optional short courses:
- 27 October: Pore Pressure Prediction – Principles and Pitfalls taught by Dr Richard Swarbrick, GeoPressure Technology, UK
- 30 October: Petroleum Geomechanics taught by Dr Mark Tingay, University of Adelaide
Deepwater Reservoirs – Subsalt Strategies will be held in Veracruz, Mexico, 7-9 November 2010 in the beautiful Boca del Rio area along Mexico’s western shoreline. AAPG’s Latin American Region in partnership with the Asociación Mexicana de Geólogos Petroleros (AMGP) will host this 2-1/2 day event. A cocktail networking reception on Sunday will be followed by two days of presentations, discussion and knowledge sharing.
Interdisciplinary presentations from Shell, ExxonMobil, BP, Chevron, Anadarko, Noble Energy, Apache and others will inform you about strategies leading to recent huge discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico, with analogies to global deepwater exploration and production. Mark your calendar and plan to attend for cutting edge science and valuable networking opportunities with Pemex and global IOC leaders.
Our GTW calendar also includes:
- Basin and Petroleum System Modeling in the Middle East: Applications and Case Studies
11-13 October 2010 | Dubai, UAE
- New Ways to Look at Old Data: New Pay Zones, Increased Production, Expanded Regional Plays
November 8-9, 2010 | Houston | Norris Conference Center
- Deepwater and Ultra Deepwater Reservoirs in the Gulf of Mexico
January 18-19, 2011 | Houston | Norris Conference Center
- The Geoscience of Exploring and Developing Tight Gas in the Middle East
24-26 January 2011 | Beirut, Lebanon
Make plans to participate in a GTW and let me know what you think.
Last 5 posts by Julie Simmons
- Call for Abstracts -- ACE 2013 - August 9th, 2012
- Azerbaijan International Conference Call for Abstracts - June 27th, 2012
- Get back in the classroom with a short course -- in Singapore - June 19th, 2012
- Field trips offer a chance to explore new vistas — but only if you sign up by 29 June - June 12th, 2012
- IPTC updates - May 29th, 2012