Before you head off on vacation this summer, be sure to put these AAGP-related events on your to-do list.
- Register for 3P Arctic: The Polar Petroleum Potential Conference & Exhibition through 28 July for early-bird savings. 3P Arctic will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, from 30th August to 2 September, with three field trips available in the days preceding the conference & exhibition.
- Register for the AAPG International Conference & Exhibition, to be held 23-26 October 2011 in Milan, Italy. Here you’ll find 500+ technical presentations, 8 field trips, 9 short courses, a robust Exhibition Hall featuring the latest technologies, products and services, and the Da Vinci Exhibition of Machines. Register by 3 August 2011 to maximize your savings.
- If you’re heading to ICE in Milan, be sure to sign up for the Young Professionals’ Meet & Greet. At the Meet & Greet, students and recent graduates are paired with young or experienced professionals to gain an insider’s perspective into the petroleum industry and share direction on the meeting itself (what to expect, technical sessions and other recommendations). It’s a great way to experience ICE.
- Submit your abstract by 22 September for the AAPG 2012 Annual Convention & Exhibition. ACE 2012 will be held 22-25 April 2012 in Long Beach, California, under the theme Directing the Future of E&P: Starring Creative Ideas and New Technology. It’s already shaping up to be a great event so you’ll definitely want to be a part of ACE 2012.
- Consider sponsoring an event such as the International Conference & Exhibition in Milan, or next year’s Annual Convention & Exhibition in Long Beach. Contributions of all sizes are appreciated so whether your company has $500 or $50,000 available, your sponsorship will contribute to the advancement of the geosciences and also give your company some exposure.
- Make plans to exhibit at ICE or ACE. These events are filling up fast, so act now to secure the best location at these events. For more details contact Teresa Davis, exhibition sales coordinator.
- Submit an abstract by 1 August for GEO 2012, to be held 4-7 March 2012 in Manama, Bahrain. GEO 2012 will present an outstanding selection of current research and technology from both new and traditional areas of petroleum geoscience. With a range of topical conference sessions, senior keynote speakers and an exceptional exhibition of exploration and development products and services, this event will have something for every interest in the future development of the Middle East’s hydrocarbon resources.
- The Morocco Association of Petroleum Geologists has teamed up with the American Association of Petroleum Geologists to present its 2nd International Convention, Conference and Exhibition to be held 5-7 October 2011 in Marrakech. Register by 22 July 2011 for maximum savings. This convention will cover a wide variety of themes covering not only Northwest Africa hydrocarbon systems but also the more global exploration challenges the extractive industry faces.
- Register for the 2011 International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC) to be held 15-17 November 2011 in Bangkok, Thailand. The early-bird registration deadline is 30 September 2011. The IPTC is a collaborative effort among the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE), the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), and the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). The synergy of these four, leading, individual-member-driven societies provides the most comprehensive opportunity to form multi-disciplinary committees and an outstanding technical program.
- Utilize social media to stay in touch with AAPG Events by following us on Facebook Twitter. You’ll also find an AAPG group and related events on LinkedIn.
If you’re headed out on a geological field trip this summer, I’d love to see the pictures. Just send them to me via email — maybe I’ll post some on this blog.
Last 5 posts by Julie Simmons
- Call for Abstracts -- ACE 2013 - August 9th, 2012
- Azerbaijan International Conference Call for Abstracts - June 27th, 2012
- Get back in the classroom with a short course -- in Singapore - June 19th, 2012
- Field trips offer a chance to explore new vistas — but only if you sign up by 29 June - June 12th, 2012
- IPTC updates - May 29th, 2012